ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGE
Your Approved Installer To Help You Take Advantage Of The Government Grant
ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGE POINTS FROM AN APPROVED INSTALLER - GET THE GRANT AVAILABLE.
If you have an Electric vehicle or are thinking of having one its important you have the right charging system. Here at Chapman’s we offer personal advice and service to guide you through the process and make sure you get the right installation and product best for you. We offer various makes and systems at various prices, depending on your individual needs. At present the UK government is offering a grant of up to 75% of a new charge point’s cost, with a maximum contribution of £350. Act now to maximise your savings. You may be able to reduce this cost further by charging overnight using economy tariffs or by linking your charger to a solar PV system.
In addition to installing EV charging points Chapmans Electrical offer customers vistiting their Cradley Heath store 30 minutes of FREE charging and free car parking, subject to avaialbility
The cost to charge an electric car in the UK varies between home, work and public charging.
For a typical electric car with a 60kWh battery and ~200 mile range:
• Charging at home: Costs about £15.10 for a full charge. *
• Charging at work: Many employers will install workplace charging points and typically offer free access throughout the day.
• Charging at public locations: Public chargepoints at supermarkets or car parks are often free to use for the duration of your stay.
• Rapid charging: Rapid charging points are normally found at motorway service stations and typically cost £6.50 for a 30 min, ~90 mile charge. **
* Costs calculated at 28p/kWh based on usable battery is ~54kWh (90%).
** Charging at 50kW, receiving 3.5 miles per kWh. Assumes tariff of 26p/kWh applicable to most Pod Point rapid chargers.